Color ambulatory oximeter & blood pressure monitor APM-50 is a wearable, overnight and comfortable patient monitor for adult, pediatric¹, and neonatal. Please note that standard with the unit is an adult size cuff..The APM50 is designed for spot check and ambulatory applications. The ambulatory patient monitor provides continuous 24-hour periodic blood pressure readings giving an accurate assessment of the patient's condition. The ambulatory patient monitor ABPM-50 has the capability of recording up to 4800 measurements.
The stored readings in the monitor can be saved in the computer for further analysis and archiving. The software can generate various reports, including history data, trend graph, pie chart, and event statistics.
The ABPM50 unit can be used to monitor the patient's pulse rate and blood pressure during moderate exercise. This is especially important for patients with respiratory problems. The data can help the patient to pace his exercise and to monitor his or her progress.
- Display: Color LCD
- Power: Two "AA", 1.5V Alkali Battery
- Dimension: 120*80*32mm
- Weight: < 50g(Including Batteries) Blood pressure
- Cuff width¹: 14cm for arms with 25 ~ 35 cm perimeter
- Measurement method: Oscillometry
- Modes: Manual, automatic, continuous
- Range: 25-260mmHg (Max: 280mmHg)
- Measurement interval (minutes): 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, 90
- Alarm: Systolic, diastolic, mean Alarm range (10 - 270mmHg)
- Overpressure protection: 300mmHg
- Meets ANSI/AAMI SP10-1992 standard for performance and accuracy
- Pulse rate
- Range: 0 - 254bpm
- Resolution: 1bpm
- Accuracy: ±1bpm
- Alarm range: 0-254bpm
- ¹The included cuff and oximeter probe are for adults. The cuff is for limb sizes with 25 to 35cm perimeter.
Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring has become a widely accepted method of blood pressure and heart rate evaluation. Average blood pressures obtained in this way correlate well with a variety of hypertensive disease processes and are also a better prognostic marker for future cardiovascular events than office blood pressure - ie., elimination of "white coat" syndrone.
Ambulatory blood pressure averages also correlate well with indices of diastolic dysfunction. In patients with congestive cardiac failure and systolic dysfunction, ambulatory monitoring suggests an impaired circadian blood pressure profile with high nocturnal blood pressure.
The PM50 can be used to monitor pulse rate, blood pressure and oxygen saturation during exercise. Blood pressure can go up to 200/80 during running and 300/200 during very heavy weight lifting for a normal person. According to a study published in American Journal of Hypertension (April 2004), people with very high blood pressure during exercise are most likely to develop high blood pressure. They are likely to have arteries that do not expand as much as normal arteries when blood is pumped to them. Consider going into a program (diet and exercise) for heart attack prevention if you have high readings during exercise.
Follow manufacturer's guidance when using this medical device. There are limitations in use such as the device should not be be used on patients with sickle cell disease for NIBP measurements.
Hardware: This guarantees that the hardware will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use, or it will be replaced by Southeastern Medical Supply or Southeastern Medical Supply’s designated representative.
Software: This guarantees that the physical media are free from defects, or they will be replaced by Southeastern Medical Supply. Also, the warranty guarantees that the software generally conforms to the published specifications for the product. Software is provided "as is," and in no event does Southeastern Medical Supply warrant that the software can be easily operated by the user.
• Because this is a Class II medical device, like the other devices on our site, there is no trial period for this product purchased from Southeastern Medical Supply. Defective hardware will be replaced by Southeastern Medical Supply (or its designated representative); or, upon verification that the hardware is defective, a refund may be applied. Unopened products returned to Southeastern Medical Supply are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
• Defective software media will be replaced or the customer will be directed to a download location to obtain the software. A customer who is unable to operate the software is not eligible for a refund.